Old 28-08-2004, 09:14 AM
Mark Allison

Default Pointing a patio

Hi there,

I laid a patio last weekend using Marshalls Heritage Yorkstone paving
onto a weak dry sharp sand mortar mix over type 1 Mot. The mot was 4 - 6
inches deep and the sharp sand mortar was mixed 1 part cement to 10
parts sharp sand. No water was added.

Now, one week later I need to point the patio. The slabs themselves are
very solid with no movement in them at all. Should I use a wet mortar,
or a dry mix to point them? I have both building sand and sharp sand.
What sand should I use and what ratio? Dry or wet?

Thanks.

--
Mark Allison, SQL Server MVP
http://www.markallison.co.uk

Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html