Old 28-08-2004, 04:24 PM
redclay13

"Jack Kuddy" wrote in message
om...
We purchased a newly build house several months ago which came with a
new lawn. This summer, we have been plagued by weeds. I spray ortho
weed be gone over most of the lawn every three weeks or so which kills
the current batch of weeds, but lots of weeds still return a few weeks
later. I need a longer term solution. Any suggestions?
Thanks

There is none; you are doing the only thing you can. continue to kill the
weeds and make sure you fertilize the grass according to the local procedure
or follow the SOD program. SOD for sept., oct., and dec., put recommended
amounts of 10-10-10 in both sept. and oct. and 1/2 the recommended amount in
dec. Lord only knows where the builder got the dirt to use for your lawn so
just keep at it for a couple of years till the grass thickens up. Do not
forget to lime the lawn to maintain a 6.5 or 6.0 to 7.0 pH. Keep at least
three weeks between lime and fertilizer applications.