Old 28-08-2004, 06:31 PM
Jenny

I don't have the answer, but I got a cosmos just like the one you describe
in a batch I bought on closeout from a garden center. All the others in the
pack grew nicely. The one just turned into a huge bushy weed. I noticed it
seemed a bit hairier than the ones that flowered, though the leaves were
similar enough.

I pulled it out to give the others more room.

-- Jenny - Low Carbing for 5 years. Below goal for weight. Type 2 diabetes,
hba1c 5.7 .
Cut the carbs to respond to my email address!

Jenny's new site: What they Don't Tell You About Diabetes
http://www.geocities.com/lottadata4u/

Jenny's Low Carb Diet Facts & Figures
http://www.geocities.com/jenny_the_bean/

Looking for help controlling your blood sugar?
Visit http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org/...0Diagnosed.htm

"gregpresley" wrote in message
I haven't planted cosmos in several years. I planted the dwarf variety 3
years ago, and have just enjoyed the chance reseeding (the dwarf variety
seems to reseed a bit less prolifically than the taller varieties). This
year, I have many plants of various sizes, from 6 inches to about 2 feet
tall, all of which have been blooming for the past month or more -

however,
I have one plant which has a huge healthy central stalk, numerous strong
healthy branches, and not only no flowers, but not a single flower bud. It
is about 2 1/2 feet tall by now, less than a foot from other cosmos which
have been blooming for weeks. I would say that the central stalk on the
non-blooming cosmos is nearing 2 inches in diameter, and is practically
becoming woody. Since we sometimes have a killing frost in mid-September,
I'm starting to think that I won't see a single flower off that plant. Has
anyone else had that kind of a cosmos experience?