Old 28-08-2004, 07:51 PM
Jim S

"Leslie" wrote in message
. ..
Hello you lot,
following an bad back problem I am unable to carry out certain jobs. First
is the lawn mowing, question, how much should I expect to pay for a

gardener
per hour for this work I would expect him to supply his own mower and
petrol. I would envisage a 3 hour visit each time.

Secondly , question, how much should I pay per hour for the heavy jobs,

not
digging as I can still manage this, its the bending and lifting that stops
me from managing.
Again I would expect about 3 hour visit.

I live in the heart of Europe " Cornwall "

A contractor may be able to mow the lawn alot quicker than 3 hours, but if
you think it would take them 3hours with a walk behind mower plus strimmer
etc flat out, it would be about £40-60.

As regards the manual work. Probably about £12- 15 per hour, depending if
its a one off or regular etc etc..

Hope this helps!