Old 28-08-2004, 07:57 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Janet Baraclough.. wrote:
The message
from "Melv" contains these words:

I would like some suggestions and ideas of what can be done to brighten my
garden up. What I would like to do is post a photograph but as this is a non
binary group I could send a picture privately to anyone willing. Some of the
things that need to change are obvious but I really need some experienced
ideas.

No offence, but most people are probably too security-conscious to
open email attachments from a usenet stranger. Better to put the pic on
a binary group (or a friend's website) and post here to say where it is.

Do you seriously think that will help? There are as many ways in
through browsers as through mail agents.

While I am not immune from such things, the way I read mail and
browse is pretty secure. Provided that the picture is small (under
1 MB) and in a standard (e.g. not Microsoft) format, I am happy to
be sent it. GIF, PDF, Postscript, HTML etc. are all fine. My Email
address is in the header.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.