Old 29-08-2004, 01:48 AM
Rusty Mase

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 23:26:25 GMT, Suzie-Q
wrote:

Well, they *do* eat bugs.

You then need to determine whether the bugs they are eating are worse
to have around than the geckos. I choose the bugs. The only bugs the
geckos got were either simple moths fluttering around my exterior
lights or spiders that usually use those spaces to feed.

I decided that the geckos were not only a nuisance in the mess they
leave but were disturbing the natural assemblage of bugs around my
place. If you live in town you probably do not have the level of
outdoor bugs to support a huge population of geckos and their messes.

I wager that the original poster lives out in the "burbs" where the
level of night flying insects is high. In town they may not be a
problem.

Rusty Mase