Old 29-08-2004, 06:55 AM
Franz Heymann

"Tan Thuan Seah" wrote in message
Hi all,

I am trying to propagating some rosemary using a branch a pluck

off from
an adult plant. But for some reason, the leaves of the branch starts

turning
black after I put it into the pot with my other plants. What does

this
indicate? Is the soil in the pot too wet for the rosemary?

Was it a young piece of this year's growth, about 6 - 10 cm long which
you tried tp propagate?
Did you trim it with a sharp knife to just below a node?
Did you trim off the lower leaves neatly?
Did you insert it in a small pot with a suitable cuttings compost?
Did you keep it covered with something like an inverted jam jar to
prevent it from drying out too much?

Franz