Old 29-08-2004, 07:39 AM
Tan Thuan Seah

Yes, it's 6-10 cm long.
Hm.. not quite sure what trimming with a sharp knife is referring to.
Yes, the lower leaves are trimmed off.
I am inserting it in a small pot with potting mix. Not sure if it is
suitable for cuttings.
Didnt cover it. Is that step crucial?

Thuan Seah

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Tan Thuan Seah" wrote in message
Hi all,

I am trying to propagating some rosemary using a branch a pluck

off from
an adult plant. But for some reason, the leaves of the branch starts

turning
black after I put it into the pot with my other plants. What does

this
indicate? Is the soil in the pot too wet for the rosemary?

Was it a young piece of this year's growth, about 6 - 10 cm long which
you tried tp propagate?
Did you trim it with a sharp knife to just below a node?
Did you trim off the lower leaves neatly?
Did you insert it in a small pot with a suitable cuttings compost?
Did you keep it covered with something like an inverted jam jar to
prevent it from drying out too much?

Franz