Old 29-08-2004, 08:35 PM
Jacqueline

First of all make sure it's the right type, as a few other people
recommended. Then it may take a while for the finches to find it, so be
patient.

The finch feeder that works best for me is the fabric mesh kind. I never
see anything but goldfinches on it, and sometime they're so thick you can
barely see the feeder. The downside is that one only lasts about 6 months,
but since they're so cheap and the finches love them, I don't mind replacing
them.
--
Jacqueline
Carmichaels PA
"Ace" wrote in message
I bought 2 finch feeders, one in a redwood housing and one in a plastic
tube. It appears that the only birds that feed on them are sparrows. I
have not seen any Finches. What can I do to get rid of them feeding on

the
feeders and draw the finches? All the sparrows do is crap all over the
place. I removed my feeders for the time being to stop them from coming

my yard. I live in Springfield, Illinois.
Thanks for your opinions
.