Old 29-08-2004, 08:56 PM
Oxymel of Squill

mine isn't rooted in soil, it just floats and grows n grows and now and then
I yank out a big forkful and chuck it on the compost heap before it takes
over the whole pond.

"Roy" wrote in message
Was at the local Southern Homes and Garden center yesterday and
inquired if they had any Parrots feather, to which they replied, no,
but we sure wished it was legal to buy and sell in the state...DUH! To
make a long story short I bought it mailorder and received it....no
problem......so, so much for the prohibited plant list.
I asked about how it normally grows and the person there (master
gardener) pulled out a big old book and looked it up. Its supposed to
be planted in dirt up to 6" under water surface but will survive
floating for a period of time,