Old 29-08-2004, 07:19 PM
Michael Savage

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in message
The message
from "Michael Savage"
contains these words:

so I was wondering if urglers have developed any canny
ways of storing pots...

Loaves are delivered to supermarkets in HD plastic trays which stack
and have a front opening. If I happen to come upon a lost one (washed up
on beach, etc) I save them for storing plantpots in (stacked in sizes,
on their sides). Plastic fish trays are just as good. Larger pots go in
the tray at the top of the stack.

Janet.

Thanks Janet - know just the things you mean and I think I know where I can
get a few...reading previous replies I was beginning to feel *very* daft as
I actually bought most of these pots. I work for a Parks department and
these were some of the accumulating piles of 2.3 & 3 litre pots which I got
very cheap (couple of pence each). BTW, we grow our bedding plants from
plugs (200,000 a year) and it breaks my heart to see all the plug trays go
in the skip - really robust things they are too. I've rescued a couple of
dozen which will do me for years...apparently we've tried to get rid of them
to local growers but no-one's interested. Am determined to find a home for
them one of these days.

Michael