Old 29-08-2004, 07:56 PM
Alan Gould

In article , Bilbo Baggins
writes
This has probably been covered before but I couldn't find anything on the
faq page.

We have just harvested apples, pears and plums from our allotment. Can
anybody recommend the best way of storing them. I have looked at various
sites and read differing opinions. Some say wrap apples and pears and put
in a cool place, some say put in plastic bags with holes punched (the bag -
not the fruit), some say only store in a refrigerator (not that we have room
anyway). Some sites say not to wrap pears. One site recommended wiping
fruit with a solution of household bleach!

I would appreciate any advice.

We deep freeze all those fruits very successfully.
Further details if req'd.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.