Old 29-08-2004, 08:47 PM
Rodger Whitlock

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 14:15:51 +1000, Tan Thuan Seah wrote:

I am trying to propagating some rosemary using a branch a pluck off from
an adult plant. But for some reason, the leaves of the branch starts turning
black after I put it into the pot with my other plants. What does this
indicate? Is the soil in the pot too wet for the rosemary?

Root your rosemary by itself in fairly dry soil.

Indeed, cuttings in general need only enough moisture to prevent
them from drying out. Overly wet conditions will cause rot.

The exception is when you root cuttings directly in water, but
even there you must change the water regularly to prevent rot.

A good general purpose rooting mixture is perlite with 10% peat
rubbed into it. Well drained, well aerated, yet slightly
retentive of water.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada