Old 29-08-2004, 11:27 PM
DanG

The only reason to glue the joints would be to make the
installation easier. If it does not help you, don't do it. On
long runs it keeps the holes in the perforated pieces lined up to
ease in the installation. Most inspectors like to see primer and
glue.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"BaC" wrote in message
. com...
I'm installing a surface drainage (for downspouts) and
subsurface (french
drain) system in my backyard. I was reading a pamphlet of one of
the piping
mfgs (I think it was NDS), and it said to glue all piping
connections.

This seems like wasted time and effort since small leakage at
joints isn't a
concern. The only reason I can imagine is so that during
backfill, you don't
accidentally knock a joint loose, which would be trouble. Since
I'm doing
this all by hand, I don't think that would be a problem in my
case.

Is gluing joints for such a system standard practice?
Thx, Bruce