Old 30-08-2004, 01:25 AM
Srgnt Billko

"mow" wrote in message
Srgnt Billko wrote:
California - they are trying to pin 6 years on the guy who's mower

started a
fire that got out of hand. The crime, as I see it, is that the

authorities
are even thinking about placing a serious charge on this poor sob.

He is being charged for allegedly disregarding the risk of wildfire as he
mowed dry grass when temperatures neared 40 C. The fire destroyed 86

homes.

Just exactly at what point does that "risk" begin " Is 40* the magic mark
? - or at 38* would it still be a crime also ? How about 36* ? Let me
check my latest mower owners manual to see if there is a warning in there..
Are people not allowed to start their autos with leaves on the ground also ?