Old 30-08-2004, 02:52 AM
Lee

Ace, since it is gettig a bit late in the year, and accordig to where
you live, the goldfinch may not have their Spring and Summer plumage.
Winter of 2000/2001 a whole flock of about30 or so rather drab
greenish yellow breasted birds came to my feeders. Swamped them..
practically took them over. I looked at my bird book and they looked
like the Vireos in my book..soooo...I thought they were Vireos.. found
out later they were indeed Goldfinch in their winter clothing!
cant always tell a bird by its cover G
Leo

"Ace" wrote in message news:HCsYc.66841$9d6.58386@attbi_s54...
Thanks for your replies.
I was trying to attract mainly the yellow ones. The Finch feeders I have are
ones I purchased from Menard's Home Center. One is a tall redwood narrow
house type and the other is a clear plastic tube type with round yellow
perches by each little slot.