Old 24-08-2004, 01:38 PM
Pat Brennan

The best weapon against slugs I know of is liquid metaldehyde. Same active
ingredient as most of the baits, but nothing left for the pets or to mold in
the pot. I also find it works much better at getting the slugs that are
living at the bottom of the pot then bait will. It is hard to find and a
google search will find 50 UK sources every source in the US. When
comparing prices it seems that UK products are 20% metaldehyde while the US
products are 25%. It used to be cheaper to order from the UK, but the weak
dollar has changed that. Many growers use it in combination with sevin.

Pat

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
ink.net...
If I'm not mistaken, a wire won't do the trick. It needs to be a strip

wide
enough that the entire body must pass over it at once to be effective.

I'd rather just kill them, though...

We bought copper flashing at HD today. I'd rather kill them, too, but I
don't want to find out I have them by waking up to shredded leaves or
partially eaten flowers! So we're going the two pronged way: bait and
copper.

Diana