Old 30-08-2004, 10:11 AM
Ann

"Ace" expounded:

I bought 2 finch feeders, one in a redwood housing and one in a plastic
tube. It appears that the only birds that feed on them are sparrows. I
have not seen any Finches. What can I do to get rid of them feeding on the
feeders and draw the finches? All the sparrows do is crap all over the
place. I removed my feeders for the time being to stop them from coming to
my yard. I live in Springfield, Illinois.
Thanks for your opinions
.

I've had the best luck with feeding goldfinches with thistle socks.
They love them! Four or five at a time will cling to the sock.
Cheap, too! G
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA