Old 24-08-2004, 02:53 PM
Al

I upgraded to a special poly film that did just this. Kool Lite 380 6 mil
film. It is suppose to do all kinds of good things including reducing
greehouse temps in the summer and holding in heat in the winter. It
diffuses the light and blocks certain UV wavelengths. It reducese the light
coming in by about 12% so it acts a bit of shade too. I am happy with it so
far.

"Rob Halgren" wrote in message
Does anybody have a recommendation for polyethylene film for covering a
greenhouse? So far I've been tempted by Tufflite IV infrared, which is
supposed to last 4 years and bounce IR back into the greenhouse so that
the plants stay warmer in the winter. I'm pretty sure it is cheaper to
buy expensive plastic because of the fuel savings. Michigan becomes
more tropical every year, but it still has a ways to go.

It all seems expensive (and heavy to ship), but there is at least one
local dealer for this stuff (in Westland, MI). I can't seem to find any
others.

Thanks for any tips or recommendations

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
LittlefrogFarm is open - e-mail me for a list )