Old 30-08-2004, 09:38 AM
mich

"Kay" wrote in message
In article , lynd
writes

"Cerumen" wrote in message

"Kay" wrote in message

I doubt whether the OP cares a damn whether *I* can see it. The point I
was making was that several ISPs trim off binaries so that the OP was
posting in a way that made sure that a good number of those from whom he
was seeking advice were not in a position to be able to give that
advice.

But I think the point here is not so mcu what people have said as the way
they chose to say it?

And again Kay, your choice of comment here reflects the approach.

Its crass and rude and is off putting to all posters.
Although it could be a reflection of modern times.

let me offer a different example. In the past if someone had B.O. most
people would have said nothing - just moved away ( in this internet context
not responded). Others who could deal with the smell ( in this case can see
the picture) would deal with it stoically.

Someone may have politely taken that person aside and very gently tried to
suggest that the person needs a deoderant or a wash ( perhaps in this
context - *politely* suggesting that a different form of posting may be
required).

Now though someone just shouts out to the whole room " COR, YOU
STINK!!!!!!" and possibly even worse add "P*SS O** ( the equivillent here
being the remarks made by some)

Its embarrassing to all and hurtful to the individual.
Have we lost our manners?

I make mistakes all the time - here typo's spelling mistakes, in life all
sorts of things. I a just human. I know others make mistakes too - they are
human. But some are "SO Perfect" that they choose to criticise and shout
about the mistakes of others.

There are two quotes from my childhood that come to mind ( both biblical
actually) - I'll use the most modern paraphrase for the first:
Dont criticise unless you want to be criticised. If you criticise the
criticism that comes back will be more than that given out. How can you help
remove a speck from your friends eye if you have a ruddy great big log in
your own?

and ( using the old translation)

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

You have an interesting sig - pitty its not heeded by yourself here.