Old 30-08-2004, 04:54 PM
Mike

I'm damned if I see the need to remain unfailingly polite in the face

of
rudeness from others.

So if somebody swore at you, you would lower yourself to their level

and
swear back?

No. Just as in this thread I didn't hurl back insults such as had been
thrown at me.

--
Kay

but by your own admission, you failed to stay polite.

What do you do if you are passing through a doorway and then hold it open
for the people coming or going through next and fail to say 'Thank you',
accept that as 'the norm' and do the same thing yourself next time? Thus
lowering your standards to theirs?

Why not bring them up in the world with some manners?

"I'm sorry, what was that you said?"
'I didn't say anything'
"Oh, I thought you said Thank you"

As I walked into a Pedestrian Precinct, I saw a lady sitting on a seat ahead
of me drop something, "Excuse me, I think you have dropped something" and
pointed to it
'Oh it's only rubbish'
"Would it not be a good idea to put it in the Rubbish bin AT THE END OF THE
SEAT?"

she picked it up and put it in the bin.

Only one thing I am ashamed to say about this case.

She was about my age. :-(( Should have known better.

Do you, or Sacha, just drop your litter where you finish with it?

"I think not"

so why accept it from others?

and before you jump back and shout abuse at me,
..
..
..
..