Old 30-08-2004, 07:03 PM
Jim Carlock

Thanks, "how".

That definitely looks like it's the right one.

I'm going over a couple websites looking up information
about it and I'm finding:

1) It's seeds and ripe fruit are toxic...
http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/BODY_FW028

2) Another site indicates that it is used medicinally,
that the fruit and seeds are slightly toxic, and there's
a ton of information about how different countries use
it to lower blood-sugar, and use it in a variety of other
manners. This site seems to be a very good repository of
information about it.
http://www.rain-tree.com/bitmelon.htm

I've got some cucumbers growing up the fence and the
groups are starting to intermix and I'm wondering if any
one knows if the two plants can cross pollinate. If any
one has done such with and what the results were. In
the mean time, I'm going to cut back the spreading of
the momordica charantia back.

Thanks much for your identification.

I'm still looking for an identification of:
http://www.microcosmotalk.com/images...n/unka3748.jpg
http://www.microcosmotalk.com/images...n/unkc3835.jpg

The second picture shows what appears to be something
blossoming... I'm unfamiliar with the terms of what is
going at the top of it, so if someone knows what the
proper term would be for the fuzzy looking seedy things
at the top are, I would be appreciate the help.

Jim Carlock

"how" wrote:
"Jim Carlock" wrote:
Hello,

I have some plants growing and I don't have a clue what
they are
http://www.microcosmotalk.com/images...n/vine3826.jpg

Hi,
The vine is definitely balsam pear (Momordica charantia).
HTH -_- how
no NEWS is good