Old 30-08-2004, 06:56 PM
paghat

In article ,
wrote:

WAIT!!!! here's yet another anti-pesticide fantatic!!! (although,
personally, i'd rather be called totally organic and natural, thank you
veddy much.

against the advice of all my horticulture (NO!! that does NOT mean the
raising of hortas) teachers, i ran a terrific herbal and tropical fruit
greenhouse in oregon for almost 6 years. i used the yellow stickies,
ladybeetles, preying manti, and i even brought in newts to eat "bad"
buggies. i never ever once used any chemical spray, including those which
are called "natural" like pyrethrin. to me, ANY substance which can kill
6-leggers, will also kill 2 and 4 leggers!!!

anti-pesticide fantatics of the garden world.....LET US JOIN TOGETHER!!!
(and pace the place near madison square garden) ;o)

Oh god I'd love to have a greenhouse with a population of newts wandering
about in it! Were they Oregon roughskinned newts? I've kept a few in
vivariums, they get really tame.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"