Old 30-08-2004, 10:19 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Chris Stewart wrote:

A year or so ago, I said I'd let you know if my mini pomegranite bush
managed to flower outdoors.

Well, I got one vast flower this spring, but I didn't think that really
counted.

However, the bush is now absolutely covered in large silky bright orange
flowers (no, the flowers, not just the buds), and clearly loving its
southfacing position. It is more or less deciduous in winter, and about 2
feet tall. It's been living outside for 2 years now, with no winter
protection.

Well done. Mine hasn't, though it came through last winter in a pot
outdoors.

They are about 5 years old, grown from seed, variety 'orange master',
horribly abused through forgetting to water them a few times...

Not something that they worry about unduly. Do it too badly and they
will drop their leaves, but they will then sulk and recover. They
come from places where that happens ....

I'm not holding my breath for pomegranites...

Not in this perishingly cold climate :-(

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.