Old 31-08-2004, 12:35 AM
mow

op4_camper wrote:

"mow" wrote in message
op4_camper wrote:

No I wouldn't say it was stupidity, I would say it is greed for mowing a
lawn with dry grass and charging the customer.

If your route has 80 or more customers you have to cut no matter what.
Rain,sunshine dry what ever. But I do I agree cutting
air is bs. Of course some people have a contract that they have to cut every
week no matter what.
Im sure this is not the case in this story and Im been foolish. My bad.

I can sympathize with the need for mowing company's to cut no matter what
with competition as it is in lawn service. The fact of the matter is if
mowing in the rain it take three to four times longer to make the lawn
acceptable to the costumer, and your not making any money just paying
labor,in fact probably more than you made. I've been in the business
over 20 years and I refuse to mow in the rain or blow air.
The customer will understand, If not give the headache
to your competitor and let him pay the customer to mow their lawn.