Old 30-08-2004, 11:21 PM
Trevor Tyrrell

A. "He who fails to prepare, prepares to fail..." Get rid of any
sand/cement, dig, rake and level the soil until it feel s and looks
good.

B. Did someone selling turf tell you that?

C. Late Autumn is ideal. The soil is warm and moist - just don't
leave it unti ltoo late in november when the temp drops. We sowed a
new lawn last October, and it's beautiful now. Watch the farmers -
when they drill their winter crops, that's about the right time.

Hope this helps

TT

"Melv" wrote in message ...
After advice on this group I want to tear up my paving slabs and grass my
garden. What I would like to know is
A: Is it as simple as just lifting the slabs and then sowing the seeds?
B: I have been told that it wont work I need turf laying is that true?
C: Does this have to be done at a certain month/s in the year?
Melv