Old 31-08-2004, 05:53 AM
Crashj

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 14:55:58 GMT, wrote:

DO NOT USE MARBLE.. dont even use oyster shells. your pH is high already. get
aquarium pharm total alkalinity test kit. I suspect your calcium is fine already.
unless your city is adding NaOH to the water.
Ingrid

Crashj wrote:
My Tetra Koi test kit says to use one drop per KH number to measure
the hardness. To get to 100 is going to use up the whole bottle!

I know I mentioned it in the original post; my KH is 5. and pH is 9.0
Of course, I have not measured in a couple of days and the pond is
clearing nicely.
--
Crashj