Old 31-08-2004, 06:40 AM
Crashj

On 28 Aug 2004 09:10:00 GMT, (Karen) wrote:

In article ,
(Roy) writes:

.He claims its the yeast and barley

when I had a septic tank in Houston, I was told to keep it from needing to be
cleaned, ad yeast down the toilet bowl. 20 years and I never had to have my
septic tank cleaned out, so there may be something to it.

Furbyit from me to argue with success, but I would never suggest that
approach to septic maintenace, especially in as flat a place as
Houston. The tank works as a bio-filter and on the same basic
principles as our ponds, but don't many ponders do a cleanout to
remove the gunk and dirt that accumulates each season? Same deal for
your septic system. Your tank may be fine, but I have to wonder what
your drain field looks like?
--
Crashj