Old 31-08-2004, 06:46 AM
Crashj

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 11:56:34 GMT, (Roy)
wrote:

I can see yeast inducing bacteria into a septic tank and even a pond,
but like Cashj ppointed out, the yeast that was in beer, has been
cooked and is probably expended and not capable of doing the things
yeast normally does

I also use yeast in my septic tank, since 1972 when it was installed and have
yet to need it pumped......

I hope you will see my post about the need to pump the tank every year
(or so) to keep the overflow from ruining the drain field. I realize
many ssytems work with a different way of handling the stuff, but not
everything that goes down the drail is biodegradable. There is a lot
of dirt and solid waste that accumulates and needs to be pumped out,
just as your pond does.
And the need is not for yeast, it is for bacteria. I assure you,
people put quite enough 'food' down the chute. The only reason to add
is to boost activity and to introduce a variety of strains so nothing
kills off the activity. Think of your septic system as a very very
dirty pond.
--
Crashj