Old 25-08-2004, 12:31 AM
wendy7

Hello Horace, You have come to the right place & I see you
already have excellant advice.
My first thought, do you have any plants out on your balcony?
If so check under the pots for slugs, they love to hide there.
Use "Thats It" for slugs & snails.
Once you have figured out what plants can tolerate the outdoors,
spray with Neem Oil, bugs don't like it, even grasshoppers!
Also be sure to check the sun's rays at different times of the day,
especially in summer.
I am growing a friends collection outside under shadecloth & they
are doing remarkably well, better that most of the Catts in my g/h!
Good luck.

--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

HFX guy wrote:
Hi All,
So as a Newbie Orchid Enthusiast I have many questions. One of the
ones that keeps on bothering me relates to varying the temperature at
night for the orchids. I am tempted to moving all of the orchids
outdoors so that they get the maximum difference in temperature
between night and day and not to mention maximal light. But my
biggest concern are the bugs that are out there. How does one go
about keeping the bugs (and birds - I have way too many "visitors" on
my balcony) away from your plants? Any suggestions will be greatly
appreciated!

Thanks!
Horace