Old 24-08-2004, 02:43 PM
Al

My golly, that's the truth. Of course, until the yearly repotting chore
takes a full month or more, you had better not be heard complaining about it
in my earshot. ;-D. I have been repotting Phals for a solid month and
still have a month more work. I have orchid bark splinters and I am sure I
am developing sporotricosis (?) from the moss. Each year I promise myself I
will start this project earlier so i am done by the end of august but each
year I always find myself working like a madman to get done before they
start spiking. The weather has been cool here for about three weeks and I
am seeing a lot of early spiking.

The orchid demon stands behind me with a whip and laughs as I trudge through
the repotting chores that I alone, in my orchid addiction, am responsible
for creating.

And at least twice a week I have people calling me up who are going on
vacation, (Vacation!) and want me to board their plants while they are away
and think I could also repot them while they are here. Like my greenhouse
is a spa for well-to-do plants or something. I think people like this
should not be allowed to own orchids. ;-) It makes the orchid demon plot
revenge. And, if I am going to take care of it, it should be mine. But
seriously, there are potential customers out there for this service for
vendors who think they can handle the pressure.

And if I paid somebody to repot, I would have to stand there and watch them
do it to make sure they did it right.

(Next time you come by Joanna, you will have to talk to me about .asp for my
website. I have a mysql database and php something but I can't figure out
how to connect the website/pages to it or use it in any real way. I am
working to complete a miva merchant changeover and redesigning the ancient
site but html without any bells and whistles is about all my brain can
comprehend long enough to make a website do anything. And then there is
this never ending repotting chore to deal with and splinters in my typing
fingers.)

"Mick Fournier" wrote in message
Joanna,

Until you do the repotting with your own hands you will never conquer the
orchid demon.

Mick