Old 31-08-2004, 02:48 PM
Roy

On 31 Aug 2004 06:05:32 GMT, (Marley1372) wrote:

===Though they like water, alot, a baldcypress that has spent its entire life in a
===container with well drained soil and plenty of oxygen available to its roots
===may not enjoy being planed in 12 inches of water. Sometimes we forget that the
===plants growing in the middle of the swamp were started as seeds that grew and
===adapted to thier environment over a period of many years. Plants in the wild
===and plants in cultivation are two very different things that dont always behave
===the same way.
===
===Toad

I understand the difference in containerized and grown plants over
those naturally planted by seed and growing, but around thjhis area
there are a lot of bald or pond cypress trees planted in water on golf
courses and some of the larger estates ponds that were container trees
to begine with and some appear fine and others look like mine
does...... The nursery where I bought mine also stated its not a
problem planting them in a pond either, and they pointed out that
their eintire water garden area which consists of quite a few ponds
etc have cypress trees that were merely planted in burlap bags set on
pine tree stumps from trees that were cut down to make the pond years
ago, and are doing fine..... I would ask them the questions I have but
there has been a large change over of personel there and most of the
older more knowledgeable folks have retired. I did get some opinions
and just want to get some more, and go with the majority on my issues
of these trees and how they look.
Visit my website:
http://www.frugalmachinist.com
I had no input whatsoever.