Old 31-08-2004, 03:32 PM
Paul D.Smith

Default Propogating Broom(e)?

All,

I have a white broom that is getting very leggy and apparently these don't
respond will to pruning so I'm trying to propogate it. Books say "semi-ripe
cuttings" or "seeds in August" but don't give a lot of detail so anyone done
this?

1. If from seed, any special requirements? I have some seed but all
attempts to make it germinate have thus far failed.

2. If from cuttings, about how long is a cutting? Mine would appear to need
to be quite long to get back to "hardening" growth.

Thanks for any pointers,
Paul DS.

--
Please remove the "x-" if replying to sender.