Old 31-08-2004, 05:38 PM

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 18:47:51 -0400, Malam
wrote:

I have an oak tree at the back of my house that is dying. Each year a
couple of branches are drying up. What can I do to save this tree?

Thanks.

I moved into a house with a sick maple out front, and my neighbors
have sick trees infront of their houses too. It was told to me that
a tree 'renews' each year, laying down a new layer of living tissue,
and letting last years 'die'. If you can help the tree live long
enough, it can outgrow a mild illness, or damage.

So, I've put down tree spikes 2-3 times a year to help the tree get
past these problems. Now into the second year, the dead branches fall
when it rains, but there has been much new growth. Eventhough it will
be mishappend for a very long time, it looks like each year it gets
'greener'

BTW, there were three other sick trees accross the street, they are
gone now, and the remain sick trees look worse now. My neighbors
actually asked what was my secret.

later,

tom

**************** http://www.Intertainia.com ***************