Old 31-08-2004, 09:11 PM
Roy

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 18:59:46 GMT, "Jim Carlock"
wrote:

===I have a cucumber vine growing up a fence. It's has the male
===flowers blossoming as well as the female flowers. It also has
===what appear to be cucumbers, but the female flower hasn't
===blossomed on them yet.
===
===How do I go about hand fertilize these and making sure they
===produce cucumbers and is there a way to tell if they're fertilized.
===
===http://www.microcosmotalk.com/images...r/cucu3844.jpg
===
===I've noticed that one of the cucumber looking female flowers
===blossomed, fell off and that particular one is changing color, going
===from deep green to maybe brown or yellow.

Hell all I have ever done is throw cuke seeds in the ground under a
piece of metal cattle panel thats positioned on about a 45 deg angle
add water and let em do their thing. I have always had a ton of cukes
hanging down off the bottom other panel, and would not know a female
cuke from a male cuke and usually have more cukes than the average
family can eat every year all in a very small space in the corner of
the garden.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.