Old 31-08-2004, 08:44 PM
Bob Koerber

Andrew Burgess wrote:

That rule is rubbish. 600 gallons is plenty for half a dozen koi and when
they get large enough to be a problem you just rotate them for smaller ones.

Not everyone has an acre of property to fit a 10,000 gallon pond

10000 / 8 = 1250 cu ft

15 x 15 x 5.5 feet

I have 8 Koi and 6 goldfish in my 1200 gallon pond in the greenhouse.
They have been happy and content and range from 4 - 16 inches in
length. I am currently enlarging the pond to 2800 gallons but the key
is water quality and filtration in my opinion. I also have a 380,000
gallon (approx) pond in my front yard and it fits in a little over a
third of an acre 180' by 80' by 3.5' average depth 8' max.

Bob in North Alabama