Old 31-08-2004, 07:26 PM
Mike

and in
parish magazines.

This really is a valid point and very fruitful. The Parish magazine extends
to the bounds of 'the parish', thereby cutting down on travelling time
which is so important because it is 'dead money'.

'Dead Money' is another facet of being self employed and is another cost
which has to be considered. When I opened my second factory, the 'Dead
Money' to me, such as Rent, Rates, Gas Standing Charge, Electric Standing
Charge, Telephone rental and Insurance, i.e. money which HAD to be paid no
matter what, was £7.00 PER HOUR, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week including
Sunday, Christmas Day etc etc. and that was before the lights were switched
on and a member of staff walked through the door. (I had 2 factories and 24
staff, so they HAD to be efficient and monitored, but the staff were superb
:-)))))))))) even so, THAT is why it is better to work out of the
garage/garden shed/back of the car if possible.

Soooooooooooooooo much to take into consideration, but as I said before,
great when it works and I would do it all over again, but at nearly