Old 31-08-2004, 08:28 PM
Sarah Dale

Matthew Durkin wrote:

Do you know if I would be able to get rid of garden soil at my local tip?
Is this kind of disposal normally allowed?
I have several sacks of garden soil that I need to get rid of, and will
have some more when I dig my pond foundations (next weekend?)

Hi Matt,

Here in N. Wales the local tips accept garden soil and rubble - it is
segregated into its own skip.

Obviously if you turn up in a van you may have problems (if they think
you're a commercial business trying to dipose of rubbish on the cheap), but
car or car and trailer will be fine.

I disposed of about 1/2 ton of rubble clay and sand from my garden in the
local tip over several car loads. I must praise the guys who run the tips
here in Flintshire - they even lifted it in to the skip and emptied the
bags for me - they are super helpful chaps.

HTH,

Sarah