Old 25-08-2004, 03:49 AM

well.... researchers are now injecting genes into mice and turning them from fat
couch mice into slim, sleek and double their exercise endurance mice. this was in
the context of the olympics of course, cause there is no reason it cannot be done for
humans too.
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/scite...40824_csm.html

I recently saw on TV that *OBESITY* and inactivity are the main
causes of so much ill health in the USA.

......................... that is spelled c-o-m-a, coma as in fall down, hit head,
brain damage and death. Atkins did not die of heart disease as much as the"powers
that be" would like it to be so. everyone I know on the Atkins diet, including my
husband has lowered their total cholesterol and upped their good cholesterol. not
that cholesterol is predictive of heart attacks since 50% of people with heart
attacks have normal cholesterol. All that the hate fat/love your carbs diet has done
is create an entire generation of horribly fat children and adults and sent type 2
diabetes soaring.
Ingrid

unlike Dr. Atkins who died
of a coronary, possibly related to his plan?

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.