Old 01-09-2004, 08:27 AM
George

"Ka30P" wrote in message
Roy wrote ut have a hard time thinking you would have a
thermocline in a pond of only 2 feet or 3 feet of depth, unless it may
be an inground type pond. I have to think an above ground pond would
be pretty darn close to the same temp most of the way down to the
bottom.

Don't know what the OP's pond is, above or below, mine is below ground. But at
sometime someone tested the temp in their pond and there was a couple degrees
difference. I'm too fond of my fireplace, my books and my warm labradors to
experiment with this. Anyone out there want to experiment this winter??

Well, there you go. You've done and challanged me. I tried to do it last year,
but didn't have the right thermometers for the job. I'll be doing it this
winter, and post the results. Remember though, that any results I get may not
apply at a different latitude.