Old 25-08-2004, 04:20 PM
Crashj

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:19:22 GMT, figaro wrote:

I would also appreciate it if someone could address the type of salt that
one can use. Common table salt is what most people have on hand. Can this
be used? How about Kosher salt? Other suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Kosher salt and sea salt are commonly available at the grocery store.
Table salt has chemicals added in small amounts so that it does not
clump. While these are not harmful to us in the quantities used for
seasoning and preservation, fish are immersed in it, so it is a
concern. In addition, Iodide is added since it is deficient in our
soils.

--
Crashj