Old 01-09-2004, 12:29 PM
Tim Challenger

On 1 Sep 2004 04:03:03 -0700, Philip wrote:

Next time I do this will try the wallpaper steamer. I think I will
need to invent a container to do my steaming in. One with the steam
inlet at the bottom. That way the steam should find its way through
the whole batch from the bottom up. My steamer does about 30 mins of
steaming per reservoir of water which should be plenty long enough to
kill any nasties.

Anyone tried a pressure cooker? It's only like a autoclave on a small
scale.
Some water in the bottom and the soil in the vegetable-steaming tray
thingy? (maybe a bit of cheesecloth to stop it falling through if it's
really fine). A few minutes at high pressure ought to do it.

--
Tim C.