Old 29-08-2004, 11:21 PM
K Barrett

From the 2004 AOS slate of Trustees (yes the ones that are being argued
about):

"William C. Guthrie Jr.

Nominee for AOS Trustee

"William Guthrie began growing orchids in the late 1970s, and the bug hit
him hard. In November 1982, he purchased Fort Caroline Orchids, retired
from the full-time practice of law, and began operation of an orchid
business. Thereafter, Bill exhibited and sold at approximately 20 orchid
shows per year. He served several years as president of the Allied Orchid
and Bromeliad Exhibitors, Inc., an organization devoted to the showing and
sale of orchids and bromeliads in Florida. After discovering severe plant
damage from use of DuPont's Benlate, and being unwilling to sell affected
plants, Bill closed Fort Caroline Orchids in September 1991. After
settlement with DuPont, he decided not to re-enter the commercial orchid
business. "

K Barrett

"J. Del Col" wrote in message
m...
"Math1" wrote in message

PO Box 350489 Jacksonville FL 32235 (904) 642-5853
Anne

"Dada" wrote in message
.. .
| Can anyone provide me with the email/contact address for Fort
Caroline
| Orchids Inc.. They registered a number of neat hybrids and i would
be
| interested in contacting them. I guess their address would be in the
| Sander's list of orchid hybrids, which i dont have.
|
| Dada

This is very interesting. I was in Jacksonville a month ago, and
there was no listing for Fort Caroline Orchids in either the white or
yellow pages.

I visited them many years ago. Nice plants, but very pricey.

J. Del Col