Old 01-09-2004, 02:41 PM

1. stop running the waterfall drop the pump into a bucket filter and have the water
burble at the surface rather than blowing water into the air. keep the aeration
going all winter. drop in a tank heater over the aerator to keep a great hole open.

if you cover the pond with plastic over some kind of frame the pond will not freeze
over. if you up the heater to a 500 watt the pond will stay warm enough to feed for
many more months than without the plastic and heater. I do cut back on amount of
food and dont feed every day, I keep an eye on ammonia since the bucket filter is not
as efficient as the veggie filter.
running waterfall drops temp if air temp is lower than water temp.
slow feeding below 55oF, stop lower than 50.. actually koi will stop wanting food and
will go to bottom. Ingrid

"Nathan A. Smith" wrote:
1. To run the waterfall or to not run the waterfall...
2. When to stop feeding...

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com