Old 01-09-2004, 01:42 PM
Philip

Anyway, I digress! Council Tip here I come...
and did I mention it's damn heavy? not sure what my little micra will make
of several sack loads in the back...

Check out the alternative to skips. I have seen these in use around
my way SW London / NW Surrey. They are canvas type of refuse bag.

How it works. You pay your money to a company who deliver you a
canvas bag thing. These seem to be similar in size to those bags you
see sand or ballast delivered in. It is up to you how long you take
to fill the bag, but once you are ready you call the company and they
remove it.

Advantages - no time limits, smaller than a skip, no need for new
suspension on your micra.

Disadvantages - probably costs more.

These seem to be the guys .... http://www.hippowaste.co.uk/

No connection, no recommendation inferred, just see this as an
alternative.