Old 01-09-2004, 04:24 PM
Tracey

"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 15:19:16 +0100, "Tracey"
wrote:

snip

My fiance has worked hard all his life (twenty years or so out there in

the
workforce) and is sick and tired of working his butt off with little
appreciation from the fat cat boss and for little pay. The job he's

doing
at the moment has him tending to around 260 gardens - he is paid little
over the minimum wage and my fiance and his work-mate did the maths and
worked out they are getting paid around £1.20 per garden!

Hardly fair on his employers and very difficult to work out, not
anyone can be self employed. Just running a business is hard. If you
worked for MS, would you complain that Bill Gates is earning millions?

I know what you are saying, but it doesn't hurt anybody to show a little
appreciation, some positive feedback from the boss, when a job has been well
done, goes a long way. Just a simple, "Good job done today lads!" would be
good enough. That's what's been galling my fiance the most with his last
two bosses - they have shown no appreciation whatsoever. Many customers
have been so pleased with my fiance's work they have phoned the office to
say so, but even so, there was not a mention of it from the boss, he only
found out as the secretary mentioned it. I've always had bosses who thank
you when you've worked particularly hard and tell you how much your effort
is appreciated - it's good to hear, makes the extra hard work worth while
and gives encouragement for next time you have to pull out all the stops.

I truly believe he can make this work, we realise there is a risk

involved
when setting up on your own, but I think sometimes in life it's worth

taking
a risk! He's a damned hard worker, is organised, thorough and never has
days off sick, so I'm sure if anyone can make it work he can. Fingers
crossed anyway!!!

Thanks again for your advice, it's much appreciated!

Tracey

Few things to bear in mind. It will take a good few years to become
established and earn a good annual income. Gardening is very seasonal
and suffers greatly from too much in the summer and too little in the
winter. The bread and butter is from maintenance work, week in and
week out. Contact the local estate agents, they have lots of
maintainable needs, also the local business premises with
gardens/grass etc

Sort the bread and butter out first and he WILL need to be very
organized & up for a challenge.

Good luck.

Thanks!

Tracey

'You can't win 'em all.'
Lord Haw Haw.

Since I stopped donating money to CONservation hooligan charities
Like the RSPB, Woodland Trust and all the other fat cat charities
I am in the top 0.217% richest people in the world.
There are 5,986,950,449 people poorer than me

If you're really interested I am the 13,049,551
richest person in the world.

And I'm keeping the bloody lot.

So sue me.

http://www.globalrichlist.com/

Newsgroup ettiquette

1) Tell everyone the Trolls don't bother you.
2) Say you've killfiled them, yet continue to respond.
3) Tell other people off who repsond despite doing so yourself.
4) Continually talk about Trolls while maintaining
they're having no effect.
5) Publicly post killfile rules so the Trolls know
how to avoid them.
6) Make lame legal threats and other barrel scraping
manoeuvres when your abuse reports are ignored.
7) Eat vast quantities of pies.
8) Forget to brush your teeth for several decades.
9) Help a demon.local poster with their email while
secretly reading it.
10) Pretend you're a hard ******* when in fact you're
as bent as a roundabout.
11) Become the laughing stock of Usenet like Mabbet
12) Die of old age
13) Keep paying Dr Chartham his fees and hope one day you
will have a penis the girls can see.

"If you would'nt talk to them in a bar, don't *uckin' vote for them"

"Australia was not *discovered* it was invaded"
The Big Yin.

Need a fake diploma for fun? contact my collegues Malcolm Ogilvie
or Michael Saunby who both bought one and got one free, only $15 each,
have as many as you like www.fakediplomas.com