Old 01-09-2004, 08:21 PM
dd

Default Question for Ray: slab to S/H

I have a Brassavola Little Stars that is mounted to a flat, smooth slab
with a wired wad of moss on the bottom. (Not an elegant description,
but you get the idea.) Because I'm an indoor grower, mounted things do
not work easily or well for me, and I'd like to move this plant to S/H.
I have 4 other Brassavolas that are in S/H, and they are incredibly
lush and happy in that media. The problem is that many of the mounted
plants' roots have grown into the flat slab and some are embedded in
the moss wad. There are more roots in the moss and growing into the
slab than there are aerial roots. How can I move this plant to S/H--or
should I?