Old 01-09-2004, 05:27 PM
PlainBill

Hmm, not to question your 'rule', but it would indicate SIX fish. And
I'm sure the 'rule' takes into account the size of the fish.

Hmmm, a 25,000 gallon pond would be 50' X 20' x 3 ' deep. No, I
wouldn't want to try that in concrete - or my back yard. Right off
hand I'd say that's larger than the koi pond at the National Arboretum

PlainBill

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 11:59:37 -0400, "Janet"
wrote:

Uhmm... PlainBill..... a 1500 gallon koi pond is only big enough to keep
about 4 koi if one follows the generally accepted rule of 1000 gallons for
the first koi and then 100 additional gallons per fish... I know folks with
25,000 gallons and are thinking of going bigger yet. )
Janet in sunny Niagara Falls

He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression, for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
-Thomas Paine