Old 26-08-2004, 01:34 AM
Crashj

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 16:36:16 GMT, Bonnie
wrote:
Benign Vanilla wrote:
EPA: U.S. Waterways Contain Polluted Fish

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...fish_pollution

http://tinyurl.com/3s2tq

And my DH's doctor just told him to eat fish 3 or 4 times a week ;-)

God must be an iron, there is so much irony around these days.
I just sat through an interesting seminar on this very subject. Let me
summarize:
1. It is not necessarily true that we are all going to die soon
anyway. 120-130 years is feasible with what we know today.
2. Heart disease is the number one killer.
3. Fish oils (omega 3) are very good for your heart.
4. A lot of fish sold at market have minimal useful omega 3 oils and a
lot of large fish have accumulated toxins.
5. The best fish are the medium sized ones.
6. Ranch raised fish have little useful omega 3 but are reasonably
free of toxins.
The result is that you should eat ranch raised fish for nutrition and
get omega 3 oil supplements derived from medium sized fish for
nutritional benefits.
How do I know this? I spend a lot of time leaning about it.
--
Crashj