Old 01-09-2004, 09:42 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

My 2 cents, since the questions have already been answered.

Zone 7a, K30's area. I stop my water fall, and put a smaller pump on the
filter system and have tubing just above surface fanning over it to the
skimmer, bottom drained plugged. Really helped start up this spring keeping
half the bio-filter active.

As far as feeding. When you feed your fish, you must remember you are
feeding your filter and filters fall in efficiency as the temps get below
55 and go dormant at 40F. (Some say die, some say the dormant regarding the
bio-bugs, regardless not processing waste either way.) ~ jan ;o)

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~